Thursday 3 June 2021

That you may prosper

 For I rejoiced greatly when brethren came and testified of the truth that is in you, just as you walk in the truth. I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. – 3 John 3-4

 

Paul was blessed with a great many spiritual children. They were all over the Middle East, Asia, and even Europe. His greatest joy was to know that his children walked in the truth.

 

I can kind of understand that. We have had the chance that though the years we have been able to teach and preach to a lot of people. I have students from Christian school that I stay in touch with.

 

I am sad that not all of our children are ‘walking in the truth’ and I am thankful for those who do. I am also grateful to those we have worked with who still today walk in the truth.

 

That is the greatest sadness and the greatest joy. It saddens us when folks we taught turn away, I pray for some of those folks every day.

 

And we rejoice in those who do remain, and we pray for them too. 

No comments: