Tuesday 29 June 2021

Hold on

 

Now to you I say, and to the rest in Thyatira, as many as do not have this doctrine, who have not known the depths of Satan, as they say, I will put on you no other burden. But hold fast what you have till I come. And he who overcomes, and keeps My works until the end, to him I will give power over the nations— Revelation 2:24-26

 

 

Thyatira was a compromising church. They had let all kinds of corruption enter in.

 

There were some though who had not compromised. There were some who were holding true. Jesus says to them ‘hold fast.’

 

That doesn’t sound like much. Just hold on. Just don’t give up and don’t give in and don’t surrender ground.

 

Serving God is most often not glamorous. Most often it is slogging away through the muck and the mire. Its digging in our heels and holding on for dear life.

 

A great old gospel sing has the wonderful phrase ‘hold the fort for I am coming.’ Grab the horns of the altar and hold on for dear. Our King is coming. Just hold on a  little longer.

No comments: