Sunday 27 June 2021

Faithful under persecution

 Do not fear any of those things which you are about to suffer. Indeed, the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and you will have tribulation ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life. – Revelation 2.10

 

Mary and I often pray for the persecuted church. I find myself having a hard time doing that. I try to pray for them but I can’t even really imagine what they are through enough to really pray for them.

 

When I think of what they are going through... It is hard to explain. My brothers and sisters are starving, living in abject poverty, in jail, being tortured, sleeping in shipping containers, losing their children, being torn from their families, and so much more.

 

And they find the strength to stay faithful.

 

But what about me? What would it take to shake my faithfulness?

 

The Smyrnans set a pattern for us all. We have brothers and sisters in Christ setting the same pattern for us today.

 

What are we going to do when things go against us? 

No comments: