Thursday 10 June 2021

Abusing God's grace

 

Beloved, while I was very diligent to write to you concerning our common salvation, I found it necessary to write to you exhorting you to contend earnestly for the faith which was once for all delivered to the saints. 4 For certain men have crept in unnoticed, who long ago were marked out for this condemnation, ungodly men, who turn the grace of our God into lewdness and deny the only Lord God and our Lord Jesus Christ. – 3 Jude 3-4

 

We can’t say enough about God’s amazing grace. God’s grace is all that can deliver us for the trap of sin. It is grace because there is no work we can to achieve and it is grace  that delivers us from the captivity of the law and it is grace, not works, that can save us.

 

Some folks can take that and think that the best was to prove God’s grace is to keep sinning. Of that Paul writes the strong invective God FORBID!

 

But most don t go that far. Some just figure that God will forgive me I can just do whatever I want and God will just show me grace so I can.

 

Paul writes specifically to this issue when he writes how we are not to use our liberty in Christ to serve our flesh, but only to serve others. It’s really sad that we would think we can take advantage of grace because ‘it’s grand. God is going to forgive me so I am okay.’

 

Think of the price Jesus paid to give us this grace. He went to the cross for us and we think we can just take it for granted and go blithely on our way without a second thought! That’s disgusting! As Pail said about this we need to consider ourselves dead to sin and reject the call of the flesh. Believers can’t juts go on sinning!

 

The false teachers say that this is okay. No wonder such harsh words are used of them.  

No comments: