Tuesday 22 June 2021

Don't be afraid

 

And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. But He laid His right hand on me, saying to me, “Do not be afraid; I am the First and the Last.  I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of Hades and of Death.  Write the things which you have seen, and the things which are, and the things which will take place after this – Revelation 1.17-19

 

A lot of people are frightened when they read Revelation and it can be kind of scary when we read it. There is a lot of scary language there. We read of demon and locusts and earthquakes and hail stones and fire from heaven and that kind of stuff.

 

But we read hear to not be afraid when we see this happening. All of what we read is God’s working in a last desperate measure to help man sees his sin before it is eternally too late. It is the lost world’s last week up call.

 

For those of us who are believers God is going to be there for us. If we are alive today He will call us out of the world before all of this happens. For those saved during the Tribulation He will be with them and enable them to endure the world’s attacks on them.

 

When this is all said and done Jesus is coming to sort this all out. One day it will be worth it all.

No comments: