Friday 4 June 2021

Faithful service

 Beloved, you do faithfully whatever you do for the brethren and for strangers, who have borne witness of your love before the church. If you send them forward on their journey in a manner worthy of God, you will do well, because they went forth for His name’s sake, taking nothing from the Gentiles. We therefore ought to receive such, that we may become fellow workers for the truth.– 3 John 5-8

 

Paul commended his readers for their great witness of love. We see that they were faithful in serving both the brethren and the stangers in love.

 

Our life is a life of serving, and why would it not be? After all, why did Jesus come? When He came in the flesh as a man, He took on the form of a servant. He came not to be served, but to serve.  He obeyed, even to the point of death.

 

In our flesh most of us would rather be served than to serve. The folks John was writing to were known by their love and service for others. Everyone knew them for their wonderful testimony.

 

I want that kind of testimony for me. I want that kind of testimony for our church. I want people to know that when they come to my house or they come to our church that they are going to be loved. I want my home and our church to be places where we serve others with joy.

 

May we all be able to be servants who serve in love. 

No comments: