Monday 23 March 2020

Transformed

[Jesus]who will transform our lowly body that it may be conformed to His glorious body, according to the working by which He is able even to subdue all things to Himself. - Philippians 3:21

I get weary of this lowly body. I’m not even that old – but I feel the beginnings of the weakness of the flesh. I can’t do the things I used to do. This robe of flesh is starting starting to get a little threadbare. I am beginning to long for the day when I can drop this body and be clothed in the glory of Jesus.

The wonderful truth is that we are not trapped in our current situation forever. Better days are coming. The Covid thing has the whole world reminded of our weakness and our frailty. Everyone is anxious about this illness and what might happen. Everyone is watching out for the slightest cough or fever or any other sign of weakness in these frail vessels of clay.

Not only that, but these bodies are inclined to moral frailty as well as physical frailty. Our flesh demands attention and tragically that is never going to change as long as we live here in theses bodies.

But one day it is going to change. We don’t know when. It may not even be in our lifetime, but one day we will drop this flesh and be conformed to Christ.

The wonderful truth is that this will not last forever. One day

This robe of flesh I’ll drop, and rise
To seize the everlasting prize,

I am glad that this is not all there is.

No comments: