Tuesday 31 March 2020

All your need

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. – Philippians 4.19

It’s a shame that so many people have such a wrong concept of giving. People see it as a burden to be borne or a drudgery or as something we have to do. When we do that we are missing so much. We are missing one of the greatest of God’s graces.

We also miss the blessing of giving and watching God meet our needs. We see here that God will provide all that we need as we let Him use us as channels of giving to others.

We may think we need a lot more than we do. Meeting my needs doesn’t mean that I will have the least car or the latest phone. It may mean that I do not need to own my own home. It doesn’t mean that I needed the most fashionable clothes.

I need food and shelter and clothes. And with that I should be content.

The main point here is that I don’t need to worry about doing without when I give to do the work of God. All I do is channel His resources. If I give to the poor God says He will repay.

No comments: