Monday 30 March 2020

I am full

For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity. Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account. But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God. – Philippians 4.16-18

Too often we Christians look at giving in all the wrong ways. He see it as an added burden or a load we must bear. Paul was telling the believers here how much he appreciated their giving as they had met all of his needs.

It was not because he desired a gift, but because he knew the blessing the people would receive because of their obedience. He was full because he saw God at work in this lives of people he knew and had worked with.

It reminds me of where John wrote ‘I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in truth.’

Our fullness ought not to depend on our circumstances. Our fullness ought to see God’s work being done in our lives and in the lives of others. Our fullness should see the blessings of God and in the lives of others. Paul knew that every gift the Philippians sent him would give them blessing and would bear fruit in their lives.

Our fullness is not material, but spiritual.

No comments: