Monday 2 March 2020

For me to live is Christ

According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. Philippians 1.20-21

I remember a long time ago when I first got saved. I attended a Christian student fellowship. I remember we were doing a float for the college homecoming and being introduced to this lovely chorus.

For me to live is Christ to die is gain. The know His world and walk the narrow way. There is no peace, no joy, no will, like walking in His will. For me to live is Christ, to die is gain.

Our lives should be such that our lives are Christlives. Christ ought to be seen in al that we say and do. When people see me, they should see Jesus. The should see Jesus in the way I treat people and how I post on Facebook and how I respond to everyday challenges and how I respond to others. They should see Christ in my when I respond to good news and how I respond to bad news. Do they see me or Christ in me?

I have an atheist friend who told me once that the greatest dilemma for atheists is when Christians act like Jesus. There is no logical explanation for that. Why would people act that way and do it through the centuries making such a mark on the world?

It’s to easy to get distracted by all the nonsense going on. It’s too easy to get dragged into the affairs of this world. It’s too easy to conform to the world’s standard of living.

Do I do that? Or does my life reflect the reality of Christ to this needy world?

No comments: