Tuesday 17 March 2020

St Patrick's Day rejoicing

Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. For me to write the same things to you is not tedious, but for you it is safe. - Philippians 3:1

Today’s devotion falls on a good day for us. It is St Patrick’s Day, or Paddy’s Day, if you will – but NEVER Patty’s day. Of course most of the world considers itself Irish today so it is a very special day here in Ireland. Though the day is mostly cancelled here today it is still the national day of our adopted country.

I can use this day to look back and rejoice in what God has done and what He is doing and He rejoice that He has counted us worthy by allowing us to spend and give our lives to serving the Lord in Ireland.

It’s not that it has always been easy or smooth sailing, far from it. It has at times been a long and tedious road. We have had plenty of trials and tests and disappointments.

As I look around though see God’s work here I can only rejoice. Folks are going to heaven now because God sent us here with the gospel. We have lovely little church full of love and compassion and sweet fellowship.

I rejoice in what God has allowed us to do. I love my adopted country. I rejoice in Him for carrying us through for over 25 years.

Happy St Patrick’s Day.

No comments: