Monday 29 October 2018

Why are you standing there?

And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.” – Acts 1.10-11

I have a hard time being critical of the disciples who stood their, probably mouths agape, as they watching Jesus disappear into the clouds. I am pretty sure I would have done the same, if I hadn’t passed out in shock or something.

But it was time to get down to business. The angel standing there said ‘why are are you standing there looking? Jesus is going to come back the same way He left.’

The problem for us today is that many of us are still standing here looking. We are looking up to heaven waiting for Jesus to come back and at the same time not doing the things he called us to do.

We might well ask ourselves ‘why are we standing here watching?’ We have so much to do and so many unreached and yet I am content to just go about my daily worldy affairs.

Why am I still standing here watching? It is high time to start redeeming the time for the days are surel evil.

No comments: