Thursday 25 March 2021

Entrance to glory

 

Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;  for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 1.10-11

 

This is a fascinating concept. If we do these things we give ourselves assurance of our salvation, we will not stumble, and we will have an abundant entrance into heaven.

 

It’s that abundant entrance into heaven that fascinates me.

 

Somehow living the virtuous life is going to have an impact on my entrance into heaven. Maybe its as simple as going and knowing that I have done my best for Him and have no regrets.

 

I know that our thoughts and emotions and all will be sorted out in heaven one day. But I think I would like to approach knowing that by the grace of God I have done my best to live a life that honours Him.

 

What a day that will be. What a joy even now to walk in sweet fellowship with Him. It is sad when we choose to walk in a way that does not please Him after all He has done for us.

No comments: