Thursday 18 March 2021

Add knowledge

 But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. - 2 Peter 1:5-7

 

Add knowledge.  As a teacher I love this part. One thing we can never stop doing is learning. Learning should be a life long task.

 

The same is true for our Christian growth. We must keep gaining knowledge for the rest of our lives.

 

There is a lot that we need to get to know. We need to know the word of God. We need to know the will of God. We need to know about a proper walk with God.

 

But the greatest knowledge we need is to know Jesus better. Not to only know about Him but to have a superknoweldge of Him. We need to know Him and His love for us and the sacrifice of His life for us. Paul wrote about the need of bearing fruit and always growing in our knowledge of God. He also wrote to the Colossians that all of wisdom and knowledge are found in God.

 

How do I grow in this knowledge?  How do I get to that superknowledge?  I spend time in the word of God. I pray and worship and honour Him. I prioritise Him above all else and I seek the knowledge of Him more than any other knowledge.

 

Let us strive for superknowledge of Jesus.

No comments: