Sunday 7 May 2006

I will be satisfied with Your likeness

“As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.” - Psalms 17v15


Psalm 17 is a prayer of deliverance from David’s enemies. In the psalm David mentions some of the things that the enemies have that he seemingly can’t reconcile to God being with him. Yet, at the end of the psalm he closes with a wonderful statement of his true contentment with the Lord.

“When I awake Lord, I will be satisfied with seeing You,” is a rough paraphrase of what David said. David showed his true faith by declaring that all it took for him to be satisfied was to look on the face of God and realise that He was always there.

Just think if we could really grasp the concept that God is always with us. This is a key to true contentment, because if I realise He is there than I can always trust Him to sort things out for me.

Far too often I forget that God is right here with me. I look around and I seem to forget that God sees all that I see and far more. He sees the whole picture.

O that I would learn to say with David, “I am satisfied when I see Your face.”

No comments: