Saturday 27 May 2006

God thinks about me

“But I am poor and needy; yet the Lord thinketh upon me: thou art my help and my deliverer; make no tarrying, O my God.” - Psalms 40v17

With all that God has to do it is sometimes hard for us to imagine that He would have much time for each of us. With all the wars, weather, politics, and natural disasters to deal with it would seem to our human minds that God would be too busy to bother with our petty issues and concerns.

We are poor and needy. We really don’t have much impact or influence in the world. The “important” people of this world would never give us a second thought in the rush to accomplish their goals. It can even feel at times that no one really has the time to bother with is and our concerns.

Psalm 40v17 is a great comfort. “I am poor and needy,” the psalmist writes, But God thinks about me…” Isn’t that an amazing thought, that the Creator and Sustainer of the universe would spend time thinking about you and me?

Next time you are down and alone and think that no one knows what is going on, remember and be blessed by the knowledge that God thinks about you!

No comments: