Friday 26 May 2006

I delight to do your will

“I delight to do thy will, O my God: yea, thy law is within my heart.” - Psalms 40v8

“Help me to see how good thy will is in all,
And even when it crosses mine
teach me to be pleased with it.”

These words are from the devotional book “The Valley of Vision” and they express the same spirit as David expressed in Psalm 40v8. Our desire should be to delight to do God’s will.

Most Christians are willing to do God’s will in their lives. Sometimes was accept it grudgingly or reluctantly.

True joy in serving God comes when we delight in doing His will. We can only do that when His word is ruling in our hearts. When we truly put our faith in God and trust Him implicitly we will delight in doing His will for we will know that it is the best thing for everyone involved.

When God’s will crosses our wills, may we choose to delight in doing it His way.

No comments: