Tuesday 1 August 2017

Nothing gets by God

 Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
The everlasting God, the Lord,
The Creator of the ends of the earth,
Neither faints nor is weary.
His understanding is unsearchable. – Isaiah 40.28

Don’t you know that God, the Lord…never faints and never gets tired?

Nearing the end of our two month US trip I will admit that I am tired. I cannot thank God enough for the chance to make this trip and for the time we have spent with our US family. There are things I am going to miss when we go home – but I am weary and look forward to the rest we will get.

I often find myself right now fighting to stay awake while driving or talking or in church. Doziness is a real battle and when I get dozy I have a hard time concentrating or thinking clearly. Things slip by me watching the telly. Several times I have had to fight road hypnosis on this trip. It is an uncomfortable state.

Thank God that He is not a man who has to battle weariness. He doesn’t have to fight to keep his eyes open.

Psalm 121 tells us that God is our Keeper and that He does not slumber nor sleep. He is always there and always focused. When I slumber and dose I miss thing, like who the killer was on ‘Murder She Wrote.’

But God misses nothing. We can rest because He is not resting.

Now if I can just remember that every day.

No comments: