Friday 4 August 2017

I will hold your hand

For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand,
Saying to you, ‘Fear not, I will help you.’ – Isaiah 41.13

I love it when God uses these very clear and practical illustrations. Somehow the image of God holding my hand is extra special because is sweet and tender and compassionate.

We have grown children now and we are enjoying the grandparent part of life. It is a precious thing when our children or grandchildren reach up and take us by the hands. We have had a few handholders who almost every time we walk with them will reach up for a handhold. Sometimes, it we aren’t paying attention, they will nearly force our hands open. The children find love and strength and power and encouragement in holding our hands. When they hold our hands they feel lie nothing can go wrong.

Of course, we do all we can, but we can still fail.

But we have someone to hold our hand who can never let us down. God tells His people ‘don’t worry, I’m right here, I’ll hold your hand, so don’t be afraid.’

God isn’t just here with us. He is here with us holding our hands. As long as I am holding on to Him I am not going to wander and stray.

And if I do wander off He is always waiting with His hand open for me to come back and grab His hand again.

Than God for His open hand.

No comments: