Wednesday 9 August 2017

I will not remember your sins

I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake;
And I will not remember your sins. – Isaiah 43.25

There is a difference, I think we all know, between forgiving and forgetting As humans we can understand foregoing someone. When we forgive we choose to no longer be offended by something that once offended us. But we can’t forget the whatever it was that offended us. Those things are burned into our memory. I can’t ‘forget it’ as we sometimes say, but I can choose to not recall the memories of the event.

But when God forgives He can forget. When He forgives ours sins He chooses to not even remember them.

Now that is powerful forgiveness. Once our sins are forgiven it is to God like they never existed. We can’t take old sins back to God because we feel guilty because He has already cast them aside. They are as far separated as east and west and they are buried in the depths of the deepest sea.

Thank God for His forgetfulness of our sin.

No comments: