Friday 25 August 2017

Our thoughts and His thoughts

For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts.
“For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven,
And do not return there,
But water the earth,
And make it bring forth and bud,
That it may give seed to the sower
And bread to the eater, - Isaiah 55.8-10

I think I have mentioned before that there are times when I don’t get what God is doing. From my perspective in this moment in time I can’t always see God’s perspective in every situation.

And that really makes sense when I think about it. I can’t see situations from God’s perspective and with His knowledge because I am not Him. I am just Roger, locked  into this spot on planet Earth on this date in history. I can’t see all that is going on around me and I can’t see what is coming next.

On the other hand we have a God who sees and knows it all. He sees how what is happening in my life affects and is affected by everything around me. He sees all the events of the past, He sees what is going on right now, and He sees everything that is going to happen down the road.

God is every present at once. He knows it all. He knows the pieces of the puzzle that I have not and may not ever on earth know how they fit.

Why then do I ever think that anything has to go my way? Why do I think that my plans are better than His?

My pride makes me think that my ways are best. My pride leads mean to believe that my thoughts are better than God’s thoughts. My pride makes me think that if I can’t figure this out no one can.

But my ways and my thoughts can’t compare to God’s. By faith I must choose to follow His and trust Him to sort it all out. I need to trust the highest thoughts and I need to walk the highest way.

No comments: