Saturday 19 August 2017

Wounded for my trangresssion

But He was wounded for our transgressions,
He was bruised for our iniquities;
The chastisement for our peace was upon Him,
And by His stripes we are healed. – Isaiah 53.5

What a world it was before sin. Adam and Eve walked in perfect sweet fellowship with God. Apparently they went for a walk in the garden to spend time with Him. There was no pain. There was no sorrow, no grief, and no tears.

But then Adam and Eve blew it and when they did life changed for all mankind. The world was broken. God and man were separated by sin and there really was no hope unless God did something about it.

So He did. God so loved the world that despite our sin and rebellion He sent His perfect Son, Jesus, to be wounded for my sins.

That’s a love I can’t really grasp in my human understanding. The fact that a perfect sinless Christ would go to the cross to take my place and take my chastisement is beyond my ken.

But that is why He came. He came to be ‘wounded’ for our transgressions. I even like the use of the word ‘wounded.’ Though Jesus died on the cross His death was only a wound because it was only temporary. He rose from the dead giving us victory over death.

His wounding was my healing.

No comments: