Monday 31 July 2017

Don't you know?

Have you not known?
Have you not heard?
Has it not been told you from the beginning?
Have you not understood from the foundations of the earth?
It is He who sits above the circle of the earth,
And its inhabitants are like grasshoppers,
Who stretches out the heavens like a curtain,
And spreads them out like a tent to dwell in. – Isaiah 40.21-22

Don’t you know? Haven’t you heard? God laid the foundations of the earth and sits above it and we are all lie grasshoppers in His sight.

How can we forget who our God is? How can we forget what He has done?

And yet we do it all the time when we doubt His ability to deal with tough situations. We act like we don’t know what we are supposed to know. If we really knew these things it seems like we would trust Him to be who He says He is.

Instead I act like I have to work all of this out. I act like God isn’t even here sometimes. I act like it all depends on me. I say I trust Him, but I really trust me.

If we truly knew who God is and what He does for us and how good He is and how much He loves us and how powerful He is and that He knows all of the future and that He sees things we can’t see and the His ways are far above our ways and plans we would not worry or be anxious or not His ability and we really would have the peace that passes all understanding that keeps our hearts and minds in Christ.

No comments: