Saturday 28 January 2017

Your strong arm

You have a mighty arm; Strong is Your hand, and high is Your right hand. Righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne; Mercy and truth go before Your face. Blessed are the people who know the joyful sound! They walk, O LORD, in the light of Your countenance. In Your name they rejoice all day long, And in Your righteousness they are exalted. For You are the glory of their strength, And in Your favour our horn is exalted. – Psalm 89.13-17

There is a lot packed in these few verses. These descriptions of our God cannot help but to encourage us.

You have a mighty arm
Your hand is strong
Your hand is high and lifter up
Your throne is based on righteousness and justice
You have mercy and truth in front of you
Your voice gives a joyful sound
Your countenance guides our faith
Your name gives us joy
Your righteousness exalts us
Your glory is our strength

Wow! That’s quite a list of the blessings of being God’s people. I think we can forget, I know I can forget, all of these things about our God. I can get overwhelmed with the petty trials and petty struggles and petty fears that I forget who is on my side. I forget that my God has a strong arm and string hands and is right and just and merciful and truth. I forget that I walk in His faceshine. I forget about His guidance and I forget about His joy all because I am so focused on my own issues.

All I can think about is my problems and the obstacles in my life and my inability to solve them.

Why? At the end of the day it is because I just really can’t accept the things God promises. Faith says I will trust Him. Doubt will always stop me from living the life God wants me to live.

God wants me to live in peace and joy of His presence and guidance. I just need to trust Him and do it.

No comments: