Thursday 12 January 2017

Today is the Lord's

The day is Yours, the night also is Yours;
You have prepared the light and the sun.
You have set all the borders of the earth;
You have made summer and winter. – Psalm 74.16-17

The day is God’s.
The night is God’s
He gives the light and the sun
He sets up the birders of the world
He sets the seasons in place.

Today, 12 January 2016 is God’s day. It is the day that He has made. Nothing in the day that God has made and nothing in the day that belongs to Him is going to take Him by surprise. Nothing in the day is going to catch Him off guard.

Someone asked my one day ‘has it ever occurred to you that nothing occurs to God?’

I am glad that today is God’s day. I am glad it is in His hands because I have no idea what it holds. I am glad that this is God’s year because as I look down the road it is uncertain and unstable. Mary’s mom and dad are quite ill and Beth has cancer and we need to go to the States and deal with both of those and I don’t have any idea how we are going to work out all the details and when we are going to need to go and I am just glad that every day of the year is already His.

God has already made 2017. Since He made it He is already in control.

Now, if I can just accept and apply that truth as things unfold. God’s ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts and His plans for the day are not my plans for the day.

But it is day and night and week and month and year. He will do with it what He will. Can I trust that what He is going to do is best?

No comments: