Sunday 25 July 2021

Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord

 

Then I heard a voice from heaven saying to me, “Write: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.’ ”

“Yes,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, and their works follow them.” Revelation 14:13

 

None of us likes to think about death. It is the one thing that is certain though. It will happen. We are told here that the dead who die in the Lord are blessed.

 

I think of the great passages that have been of comfort when loved ones have died. Death has no victory. The grave has no sting. Death has been crushed to death. Blessed are those who die in the Lord. Precious in the sight of the Lord are the death of His saints.

 

I don’t really want to die. I know it is coming, but I don’t relish the notion.

 

But at least I know that on the other side is the blessed rest we have been longing for. Even though I don’t like it – I need not fear it. Instead I can look forward to His blessings.

 

No comments: