Friday 7 February 2020

Thankful for each other


speaking to one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord, giving thanks always for all things to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, submitting to one another in the fear of God. – Ephesians 5.19-21

I remember when we first moved to Naas in April 1995. We did not know anyone, must less any other Christians. We started to make some friends, but it was still a while before we met another believer. I will never forget the sense of aloneness during those few months.

Now, all these years on we have plenty Christian friends. We have a small church family who love each other. I always have someone I can go to. We have wonderful fellowship in and out of church.

I am grateful for all my friends, but I am especially grateful for my Christian friends. We are truly family and my Christian friends ‘get it.’ They understand. They understand when I am up and when I ma down. They love through good times and bad. The rejoice when I rejoice and they weep when I weep.

So let us not forget be give thanks for each other and to be sure to let them know that we are thankful for them,

No comments: