Monday 24 February 2020

He will complete it


I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. – Philippians 1.3-8

I have to admit that in the years of the ministry here there are time when I have wondered what we are doing here. The work has been though highs and lows. There have been good times and bad. We have had joys and sorrows, but sometimes it has seemed like we have done nothing. How in the world am I supposed to keep on going?

The truth is none of can just keep on going without the knowledge that God is with us and that He able to complete the work He started in us. If it were up to us we would never be able to endure the opposition and trials.

Only God can complete the task. God will not quit on a work He begins in us. The only one who can quit is you and me. We can be assured that as long as we keep going God is going to keep on going with us doing in His work through.

God is never going to give up on us. Let’s pray that we never give up on Him.

No comments: