Saturday 8 February 2020

Husbands and wives

This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. – Ephesians 5.32-33

Sometimes there are things in the word of God that don’t fit in society around us. Anything that tells wives to submit to their husband’s leadership is considered sexist or anti-woman.

But God’s plan is always right. God’s plan for the home is that the husband and the wife complement each other. The husband loves his wife like Jesus loves the church. He gave Himself for the church. He submitted to take on the form of a servant. He came and died for the church. He gave it all for the church.

Wives are submit to the husband’s loving leadership.

My wife and I are a team. We would not work well if we both tried to do the same thing in our home. God gives us the responsibility for me to love my wife to the point that I would die for her. If I do that she will be able to submit to my leadership. If we are working together to show the world a picture of Christ and the church that we be our priority will be that instead of what my spouse has to do and how much I have to do. In a proper Bible home the husband and the wife complement each other and God’s work can carry on showing the world how Christ loves the church.

No comments: