Tuesday 25 February 2020

Abounding in grace

I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, For your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now; Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ: Even as it is meet for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart; inasmuch as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace. For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all in the bowels of Jesus Christ. – Philippians 1.3-8

Paul talks a lot about God’s grace. It is a major theme in all his letters. It permeates his writings. He knew that amazingness of God’s amazing grace. It had carried him through all kinds of troubles.

Paul knew God’s grace because he knew about troubles. God grace had carried him safe this far and he knew what God’s grace would lead him home.

Paul did not want believers to partake of his suffering, but he does want us to be full partakers of the grace of God in our lives. We need to see grace ever growing and abounding.

It took great grace to save us. It takes great grace to carry us through day by day. It was all because of God’s amazing grace – let us glory in it. Let us ever abound in it.

No comments: