Saturday 12 April 2014

Love with faith

Peace to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. – Ephesians 6.23

As Paul closes his letter to his friends in Ephesus he prays for peace. Then he prays for ‘love with peace from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.’

I am not sure what to make of this 'love with faith' idea, but I think there is clearly a connection between the two. 

The connection, as I see it, is that love produces faith in that we trust those we love. For example I love my wife, so I trust her to do what is right. I love her so I believe what she says. 

I see the same truth here. If I love God and know that He loves me I know that I can trust Him. My faith leads me to love Him and love leads be to have faith in Him. It seems to be a wonderful cycle of faith and love that can only be good for our growth and our walk with God. 

No comments: