Wednesday 2 April 2014

Be strong

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. – Ephesians 6.10

I often don't feel very strong. In fact, I know I am not strong. I often slip up and fail in my attitudes or actions or words. After 40 years of salvation one would think that I would be strong, but I am indeed weak. If my walk depended on me I would always fail - always - every time - in every instance - I would fall short.

But the wonderful truth is that the Lord is my strength and my song - He has become my salvation.

That is an amazing truth and a great daily reminder. The Bible tells us things like 'be strong and of good courage' because there is a measure where we need to find out our strengths and our weaknesses. We need to use all the strength that we can. We can't afford to just give up when it gets tough. We need to be strong.

But there is a source of strength - we are to be strong in the Lord and we are to find our strength in the power of His might.

It is a wonderful truth that we have access to that kind of power. It is the power that spoke the worlds into existence. It is the power that parted the Red Sea. It is the power that healed the sick and raised the dead and fed 5000.

It is the power that crushed death to death on Calvary.

That is the source of my strength.

If I choose to trust Him.

But I get in the way.

I think I am stronger.

I forget that ‘if we in our own strength confide our striving would be losing.

I trust Me instead of Him.


Not too smart for a guy saved 40 years, huh? 

No comments: