Saturday 19 April 2014

Christ will be magnified

according to my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death. – Philippians 1.20

Paul had a great confidence that let him not care so much about his current situation. It is an attitude I wish we all could adopt.

Paul had an expectation and a hope that would allow him to be unashamed no matter what was going to happen. Whatever happened to Paul didn’t matter – only one thing did. All that mattered was that Christ would be magnified – and it would happen whether Paul lived or died.

It is this kind of disregard for self that challenges me. I get disturbed with anything that breaks my groove or puts me out or discommodes me. I rarely think of how Christ might me magnified through the situation.

Shame on me – Paul boldly lived his life and did what Christ wanted him to do because he knew that no matter what Christ would be magnified.


Oh for a Christ centred heart like Paul had! 

No comments: