Saturday 21 May 2011

Until

But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled; My steps had nearly slipped. For I was envious of the boastful, When I saw the prosperity of the wicked. For there are no pangs in their death, But their strength is firm...When I thought how to understand this, It was too painful for me—Until I went into the sanctuary of God; Then I understood their end. - Psalm 73v2-4;16-17

Everything was a mess. I could not figure it out. It seemed like I was getting behinder and behinder and the bad guys were getting better and better. The wicked seemed to prosper while I seemed to suffer. I was always tripping up. I could not get a foot hold. I started to become envious of the wicked around me. They all seemed to have a great time while I struggled with everything. I just didn't get it.

Until.

So often in the Bible one word turns things around. The psalmist used most of this psalm to describe how rotten things were. It really looked dark and dismal.

Until.

Until what? 'Until I went into the sanctuary of God.' I the psalmist's situation it was when he finally looked to God for answers that he understood the eventual fate of the wicked. When the psalmist looked to the Lord, things fell into place for Him.

We are fortunate in that we can find the answers near to hand. We don't have to 'go' anywhere. Our confusion about life comes from the fact that we, like the psalmist, are seeing the problem instead of the solution.

We too are going to see all the mess, until...

No comments: