Friday 23 October 2020

With His own blood

 

Not with the blood of goats and calves, but with His own blood He entered the Most Holy Place once for all, having obtained eternal redemption. - Hebrews 9:12

 

The Old Testament sacrifice was a hugely complicated system. It required all sor5s of blood sacrifices from all kinds of animals. These sacrifices were a short term symbolic picture of the perfect sacrifice that would. These sacrifices could never truly cleanse man’s sin.

 

Jesus’ sacrifice was different.

 

He sacrificed His own blood

He entered the Holy Place once and for all

He obtained eternal salvation.

 

We know that this was something Jesus did not relish. He knew that cost and even asked the Father to take it away, but He submitted to the Father’s will.

 

What amazing love. My redemption cost Jesus His blood and He shed it willingly, for me. He entered the Holy Place so I could enter the Holy Place.

 

And He obtained eternal salvation for me. Eternal salvation. Forever. There is no way I have the power to cancel anything that is eternal.  No one can take it from me. Eternal is eternal. Full stop.

No comments: