Thursday 29 October 2020

In full assurance

 

Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water – Hebrews 10.19-23

 

Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine. Oh what a foretaste of glory divine. Heir of salvation, purchase of God Born of His spirit, washed in His blood.

 

What a blessing to know that I never have to walk in fear or doubt of my future. I can have the blessed assurance that by faith by conscience has been made clear that my whole being has been and should be daily cleansed by the word of God.

 

I don’t have to wonder about my future. My eternity is secure. That blessed assurance gives me day by day and with each passing moment strength to meet my trials here. I’ve no cause to worry or to fear. The task is done and the blessing to me is that blessed assurance that I am His and He is mine.

 

No matter what else, in Christ I can have full confidence and full assurance that my eternity is not under threat.

No comments: