Thursday 15 October 2020

Don't get sluggish

 

And we desire that each one of you show the same diligence to the full assurance of hope until the end, that you do not become sluggish, but imitate those who through faith and patience inherit the promises. – Hebrews 6.11-12

 

Be diligent and don’t become sluggish, God says.

 

I know that word sluggish. My position where I teach has moved for teaching to Covid management. I’m a perfect, a hall monitor, a Covid cop. Mostly it means I sit and monitor activity.

 

In the time period after lunch I can find myself feeling very sluggish. Tuesday a week abo I was about to fall asleep.

 

What do you do when you are feeling sluggish? You either give in and take a nap or who get up and get active. So I picked myself up, the centre was quiet, and I went outside for a walk.

 

The same is true with spiritual sluggishness. Sometimes we can get all droopy eyed and lethargic and all that. Either we get up and do something or we are going to fall asleep. A lot of folks it seems have chosen the later and are dozing spiritually. I can find myself there at times.

 

The answer is to get up and do something about it. We can’t just sluggish sit there in our spiritual easy chair and dose while the world passes by.

 

Now it is high time to wake up out of our sluggishness, kit up in His armour, and do His work.

 

Don’t doze off. Wake up. Stay diligent.

No comments: