Sunday 11 October 2020

The author


And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him, - Hebrews 5.9

Jesus calls Himself here the ‘author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him.’ Jesus didn’t write the story of a temporary salvation. His story was on the would last all of eternity. 

One of the debates I have never understood is the thought that we can lose our salvation. I just can’t see it no matter how hard I try. This is one of those passages that makes me feel so strongly. 

Jesus is the author of ETERNAL salvation. Eternal, not temporary. He wrote the book. How can I change the plot. I’m not His editor or His publisher. 

We read a little later that Jesus is the author and the finisher of our faith. He who started this good work will perform it. 

The evidence of His authorship is that we obey Him. It’s just like characters in a novel who follows the author’s plan. 

Jesus didn’t author a temporary plan of salvation. He authored a permanent plan. I can’t override it. Thank God for eternal salvation. 

No comments: