Tuesday 27 October 2020

I will remember no more

 

then He adds, “Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.” Now where there is remission of these, there is no longer an offering for sin. – Hebrews 10.17-18

 

Their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.

 

That’s an amazingly powerful statement. God knows everything. He cannot not remember. To do so He chooses to disremember. He chooses to not remember my sins as He buries them in the depths of the sin.

 

It is hard for us to not remember our own sin. Our guilt eats us up. Our consciences are not clear. When we think that way we are pretty useless in our service. Satan would have us be dragged down or held back the remembrance of our sin. It makes us always feel unworthy of Christ and His love.

 

I can almost imagine a conversation when we meet Jesus. I don’t it will happen but it might picture how it is.

 

Me: Oh Jesus, I am so sorry the times that I got at people and said bad things.

Jesus: What things? I don’t remember that!

Me: I am so sorry for that time I went to that party and lost control of myself and did those horrible things?

Jesus: What party? I don’t remember that.

Me: But Jesus, what about that time I drew away from You and stopped going to church?

Jesus: When? I don’t remember that

Me: And all those times I had all those terrible thoughts?

Jesus: Thoughts? What thoughts?

 

And we could go on for hours. What a relief to know that Jesus forgives our sins and then does something we can’t do – He chooses to not remember them!

 

Why then do we keep walking around in defeat and despair? Jesus has forgiven and forgotten. Isn’t it time to let those things go?

No comments: