Thursday 22 October 2020

A clear conscience

 

For if the blood of bulls and goats and the ashes of a heifer, sprinkling the unclean, sanctifies for the purifying of the flesh, how much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered Himself without spot to God, cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God? – Hebrews 9.13-15

 

There is not much more precious than having a clear conscience. All kinds of things keep us from having a clear conscience. Worry and doubt and guilt. There are few things better than facing an new day with a clear conscience. We don’t want to enter a difficult situation with a clouded conscience. We surely don’t want to live our lives with a clouded conscience.

 

It would be lovely to say ‘I am acting in clear conscience’ as we make choices through each day, but I think that is a rare thing to do if I am not do doing the works of the true and living God. My conscience is clear, not because I have done anything about it, but because it cleared by the blood of Jesus Christ. Reliance on that is only possible as I rely on Him because I will never be able to satisfy myself that I have done enough.

 

Lets be sure that as we go out today we do so with clear minds and clear consciences to serve God effectively.

No comments: