Monday 24 August 2020

Ready

For I am already being poured out as a drink offering, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 2 Timothy 4.6-7

It is done. Paul’s ministry is over. The time for his departure was at end. He was facing execution. 

Sad days, huh? He must have been discouraged. Surely he was battling depression. But, he could say at the end ‘I am ready. It is time.’

Look at his testimony though:

I have fought a good fight
I have finished the course
I have kept the faith

If I were to find out next week that my life was about to end could I say the same thing? Could I say tonight that I am ready?  Have I fought a good fight? Have I finished my course? Have I kept the faith?

I don’t know when my day of departure will be hand. I need to striving by the grace of God to run the race, to finish the course, and to keep the faith.

No comments: