Monday 10 August 2020

He remains faithful

 If we are faithless,
He remains faithful;
He cannot deny Himself. – 2 Timothy 2.13


I wish I could say ‘great is my faithfulness’ but I fail God far too often. Sometimes I
am careless, sometimes I slip up, sometimes I get caught out, and sadly sometimes I
even choose to do the wrong the wrong thing. If my eternal salvation depended on
how faithful I am I would surely be doomed.

I can be faithless – but He still remains faithful. ‘Great is thy faithfulness, O God my
Father, there is no shadow of turning with. Thou changest not, thy compassions they
fail not. As Thou hast been Thou forever will be.
He cannot change. He is the same yesterday and today and forever. He is true to His
promises. My eternal security is secure, not because of me, but because of Him.
He remains faithful. He who began a good work in me will perform it until the day of
Jesus Christ.

Praise the Lord for His faithfulness even when mine fails

No comments: