Monday 3 August 2020

A refresher

The Lord grant mercy to the household of Onesiphorus, for he often refreshed me, and was not ashamed of my chain; - 2 Timothy 1.16

I like to read about the ‘minor’ characters of the Bible who may only be mentioned once or twice in scriptures and then the writer just moves on. These folks are rarely superstars, but they did something that merited an mention in the Bible.

Onesiphorus is one such man. Paul prays that God would give he and his family mercy because he had often refreshed Paul and he was not ashamed of Paul despite his chains.

I would love to be known as a guy who refreshes those I come into contact with. Wouldn’t be great if people looked forward to seeing us because they knew they would leave feeling refreshed.

People should never dread seeing us. They shouldn’t feel like turning around and going the other way when they see us. Every single person we meet should feel better after they have seen us. When I see people on my walk they should look forward to seeing me. They should enjoy stopping and talking to me.

That’s how Onesiphorus was. He refreshed Paul’s spirit and that blessed Paul’s heart. God give me the grace to be a refresher.

No comments: