Wednesday 26 August 2020

But the Lord stood with me


But the Lord stood with me and strengthened me, so that the message might be preached fully through me, and that all the Gentiles might hear. Also I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion. And the Lord will deliver me from every evil work and preserve me for His heavenly kingdom. To Him be glory forever and ever. Amen! – 2 Timothy 4.17-18

Paul may have stood all alone in human terms, but he had something far greater to rely on ‘Nevertheless, the Lord stood with me and He strengthened me so that the gentiles could hear and He will keep me safe for His heavenly kingdom. 

Things are going to happen and there are going to be times and we are going to feel alone. I’ve felt that way myself at times.

But whenever that happens I must remember that I am not ever really alone. Jesus has said ‘I am with you always.’ We are also told that He will never leave us or forsake us.

No matter that we face today or tomorrow or the next day, no matter what headlines appear, no matter whether it is good or bad or if we are alone or in a crowd the Lord is going to stand there with and be there till we can say I have finished my course, I have run the race, and I have kept the faith by His grace.

He will never ever leave me and never ever forsake me.

No comments: