Thursday 13 August 2020

A firm foundation

Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.” – 2 Timothy 2.19

In these shaky days there is one thing we surely need. We need a foundation to stand on.

We have been shaken to the core over the last few months. All the props have been knocked out and we don’t know what is coming next. The world has gone a bit wacky.

There are several ways that God reminds us of our foundation in Him, but I like this one in particular

The Lord knows those that are His
If we are His we depart from iniquity

I love that God know those who are His. The psalmist wrote that God had searched him and that God knew. The prophet wrote that the Lord is good and a stronghold in times of trouble and that He knows the ones who trust in Him.

No matter what we may or may not sense God knows. He knows through trials we will face today and will be there for us.

So what is my part?
Depart from iniquity.

If I am trusting in every situation that God knows what is going on and I can depart from sin He can see me through anything.



No comments: