Thursday 23 April 2020

When Christ appears

When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory. Colossians 3:4

What a day that will be
When my Jesus I shall see
When I look upon His face
The One who saved me by His grace
When He takes me by the hand
And leads me to the Promised Land
What a day, glorious day that will be

What a great picture by the hymn writer Jim Hill.

I think most of us feel like we have had about enough of this tired old world and its heartaches and pains and sorrows and disappointments. Right now this virus is getting a bit wearisome and tiring.

It can seem like this is just another thing with all that is already going on with all the troubles in this broken old world. This broken world is not going to fix itself. Is just going to get worse and worse.

But one day, one glorious day, the same day that John looked forward to at the end of Revelation – Jesus will appear to take us home.

No comments: