Saturday 4 April 2020

Pleasing Him

For this reason we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to ask that you may be filled with the knowledge of His will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; that you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God; strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, for all patience and longsuffering with joy; giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. - Colossians 1:9-12

That you may walk worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing Him, being fruitful

Those are wonderful goals to seek. I want to kind of focus though on those words ‘fully pleasing God.’

It is only natural that we seek to please those we love. It only makes sense that we part of true love is the desire to please.

I love me. I have no problem doing things that please me.

I remember way back to when Mary and I first started dated in Christian college. She has always been the sweetest thing – that was part of the charm that won me over, Our school served meals family style with 8 students to a table. At breakfast they put a bowl of those small boxes of cereal in the middle of the table. Back then I loved Kellogg’s Sugar Pops. I was working as well as going to school so Mary would get to breakfast early and grab of box of Sugar Pops and put it in my cereal bowl so I would ave them. That gave me a great little pleasure and that still pleases me today.

That’s what we do for those we love. If we love God our desire ought to be to please Him. We please Him when we walk worthy of Him and we bear the fruit of the Holy Spirit. We please Him when we obey Him. We please Him when we love Him and love others.

May my life please Him, especially in days like this.

No comments: