Thursday 9 April 2020

Preeminence

And He is the head of the body, the church, who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in all things He may have the preeminence. – Colossians 1.18

Jesus is the head of the body, His church. He is the beginning of all. He is the firstborn from the dead.

So, in all things He must have the preeminence.

This causes me to ask myself ‘what things have the preeminence in my life?’ What are the most important things to me?

There are certainly plenty of things that strive for first place. Wealth and pride and popularity and even just plain stuff can demand our attention and call out for primacy.

There is only one though that deserves preeminence. Jesus deserves first place in everything. He must have first place in every decision I make. He must have first place on the words I speak. He must have first place in how I spend my money. He must have first place in where I go and how and deal with people and my responses to challenges and everything else I do.

One day He will have preeminence over all – I can give Him that in my life now.

No comments: