Saturday 11 April 2020

Holy, blameles, above reproach

And you, who once were alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now He has reconciled in the body of His flesh through death, to present you holy, and blameless, and above reproach in His sight— if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister. Colossians 1:21-23

Holy, blameless, above reproach.

Those sound like pretty noble goals for the Christian. They are goals that none of could possibly hope to achieve. Naturally I am unholy, blameful, and certainly not above reproach.

We were all alienated from God. We were enemies of Him, but we have been reconciled to Him. We must be stedfast and growing. How then do we achieve this holiness and blamelessness and how are we above reproach?

Its not that we don’t have the power. Christ has already declared us holy in His holiness. He has died to our sins and made us blameless as His blood covers us. There is nothing that can be pinned on me to keep me out of heaven because I have all those things in Him.

But daily I rely on the grace of God to allow me to walk in holiness, to be blameless in my behaviour, and to live such a life that never bring reproach on Jesus. That means that while I rely on Him I still must make choices that honour Him. My life is a reflection of Him to the people I meet. Do they see a holy, blameless, above reporach Jesus in my life?

No comments: