Wednesday 3 April 2019

Walk properly

Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.  But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfil its lusts. Romans 13:13-14

Walk properly – that couple of words really summarises a lot that the Bible says about walking. There are probably dozens of ways that we are told to walk – in love, in peace, in the Spirit, in the light, in Christ, and so many more.

Here we are given a few negatives. Our walk is to be proper, not in:

Revelry
Drunkenness
Lewdness
Lust
Strive
Envy

Our daily walk is so vital. Our walk says a lot about us. Many of us have a distinctive walk and people far away can tell us by our walk. The same should be true about my proper walk with Christ. When I walk in the things above I belie my walk with Christ. If I walk in revelry and drunkenness and lewdness and lust and strive and envy I give the impression to all that see me that I am not of Christ, but of the world. If my walk does not agree with my words they are meaningless.

Walk properly – its not that hard of a concept. Just do what is right.

No comments: